Have you ever stopped to think about how your water filter works? Probably not, but it’s important to do so in order to keep your appliances running smoothly. In this blog post, we’ll be taking a look at how to remove the water filter on a Jenn-Air refrigerator – something you likely will need to do from time to time.
What can be done with a water filter in a refrigerator?
Water filters can be found in most modern day refrigerators. There are a number of reasons why a water filter might be necessary. Some appliances, like dishwashers, use so much water that it would be wasteful to not have a water filter. Other appliances, like refrigerators, may use filtered water but still produce some bacteria. By having a water filter in the refrigerator, you can ensure that the drinking water is clean and bacteri-free.
How to Remove Water Filter From Jenn-Air Refrigerator
If you find water leaking from the bottom of your Jenn-Air refrigerator, it may be time to remove the water filter. The water filter is located on the lower right side of your refrigerator. Follow these simple steps to remove it:
- Open the refrigerator door and locate the water filter. It will be a large, square object with small holes in it.
- Carefully remove the water filter by grasping it in one hand and tipping it up so that the small holes at the top are facing down. Be careful not to touch any of the electrical components inside the fridge with your fingers!
- Once the water filter has been removed, empty out any excess liquid that has collected inside of your refrigerator using a dish towel or funnel. Be sure to clean all of the dust and debris that was collected on top of the waterfilter before replacing it! More catagory post vist.
If your Jenn-Air refrigerator is experiencing problems with water flow or ice production, it may be time to take it in for repair. Fortunately, a quick and easy fix is often available through our refrigerator repair service.
Our technicians will identify and replace the filter assembly on your appliance, usually without requiring any additional repairs or parts. In most cases, this procedure will resolve the issue and get your fridge back up and running as quickly as possible. Give us a call today for more information on our refrigerator repair service – we’re here to help!
Benefits of Removing the Water Filter
If you’re like most people, your refrigerator probably has a water filter. But is it really necessary? The short answer is: no, it’s not. In fact, unless your refrigerator is in an extremely corrosive environment or you have a medical condition that requires you to drink unfiltered water, you can safely remove the water filter and enjoy the benefits of unfiltered water. Here are some of the benefits of removing the water filter from your refrigerator:
- You’ll Save Money on Water Billing. When your refrigerator uses filtered water, it sends a bill to your utility company. However, when you remove the filter and use unfiltered water, you’re essentially using tap water instead of paying for bottled water or purified groundwater. This can save you quite a bit of money each month.
- You’ll Get Better Taste From Your Beverages. Filtered water often loses essential minerals and chemicals that give beverages their flavor and aroma. By using unfiltered water instead, you’ll get better-tasting drinks with more pronounced flavors. Plus, since tap water typically contains fewer contaminants than municipal drinking supplies do, drinking unfiltered water can also be healthier overall.
- You’ll Reduce Your Risk of Illness due to Contaminants in Drinking Water. By removing the filter from your refrigerator and using unfiltered tapwater instead, you reduce your exposure to contaminants such as lead, chlorine , and arsenic. By drinking unfiltered water, you also reduce your risk of developing certain types of infections, such as the Epstein-Barr virus.
- You’ll Improve Your Oral Health. Drinking unfiltered tap water can help to improve your oral health by reducing your exposure to fluoride and other chemicals that can harm your teeth.
- You’ll Reduce Your Environmental Impact. Removing the water filter from your refrigerator can reduce your environmental impact by reducing the amount of plastic that’s used in packaging and shipping food products.